Monday, April 18, 2011

After A Long Time

And here is the next post. Yes, I know, it seems surprising that now would be the time at which this is posted. Anyway, happy spring break! At least to the people who actually have spring break. To the others: happy Monday.

Lately I've been thinking about writing. No duh, I'm nearly always thinking about writing. But last week more than usual. You see, there's this website called Figment. It's awesome because you can read pieces in any genre written by people of many ages. Enough of my ranting. Time to get to the point.

Figment has a lot of contests. Like a contemporary contest, serial contest, etc. Well, I entered the romance contest (sounds weird to many people. I know. I'm not the first person one thinks of when listing romance authors. Oh, well.). Here is my contest entry. Please tell me if you like it!

Forever

When I first looked into your eyes;
So loving, so deep, so alive,
I knew that you would be mine,
Forever.

From the moment I first saw you,
I knew you were special; unique.
We would be together for all of eternity;
Forever.

I adored your wispy blonde hair,
Cascading past your shoulders, down your back.
I fell in love with the smile you wore;
Sly, full of secrets.

You were a story untold,
A figure shrouded in mystery,
Luring me to your side
To stay there forever.

But when they closed the casket,
Sealed your fate,
I knew you could never be mine.
At least in this life.


So this is the poem. The URL is http://figment.com/books/61383-Forever . I will post the Figment URL in the Website box.

If you have any stories that you would like to share with the other small population which reads this blog, please e-mail it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment